garage lift question

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Glava, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Glava

Glava Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    I have the lift installed, waiting for the garage door modifications and heater -both this Thursday

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    another lift shot.

Attached Files:

3. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The garage door track & opener modifications and the heater are done. Doing blown in insulation and sheet rock prep for painting on Monday.

4. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Nice!!

I do have a question, how is the exhaust from the heater routed?

5. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    You can't see it but it exits the back of the unit, goes around the corner and out the side wall -nice because it doesn't mess with my roof.

6. Mike N

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Does the exhaust from the furnace at least have some upward pitch to it so the exhaust flows outside versus filling the garage with carbon monoxide?

7. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    Actually just the opposite is required. The vent is installed with a pitch of 1/4" drop per 1' vertical,
    This is a power vented unit, like a natural gas furnace or hot water heater, and they want to be sure that condensation moves away from the unit.
    One of the things that I really liked when I did some research was that the Reznor UDAP has Certification for units "Approved for Installation in Residential Garages".

8. Mike N

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Kickass!! I may have to look into one of those for my garage. Where in CNY are you, where did you get it and was it reasonably priced?

9. Glava

Mar 23, 1999
    Central NY
    I am near Syracuse NY and I had it installed by a heating contractor, so the installed price meant they ran all of the natural gas lines, they ran a separate circuit line to the breaker box, installed a programable thermostat and installed all double walled exhaust line -which kicked it up to about $2,800.00.
    I believe that the unit itself is about $900.00 on Ebay, plus shipping and I don't know how much all of the installation materials cost, but even with the thermostat, maybe $400.00 - $500.00?
    So you can probably do it for about 1/2 what I paid if you do it yourself. There were 2 guys on the installation and they worked from about 8:30 -5:30 and they seemed pretty busy the whole time -I was here because I work from home.

10. Mike N

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    I'm outside Rochester. I think I'll look into one of those heaters for my garage. Thanks for the info.