Garage Floor Pictures...Options

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by BamaRocker, Jul 29, 2013.

1. BamaRocker

BamaRocker Veteran Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Meridianville, Alabama
    Looking for some ideas on Garage floor..Post pictures of yours and how you did it.

Im Looking at Legacy HD6600 right now for my main floor , and acid staining for some of the jam room...

Legacy HD 6600 is a sealer...

HD6600 is a non-yellowing, Water Based Epoxy-Acrylic designed for interior concrete sealing applications. HD6600™ Sealer is a high solids coating that provides a superior high gloss finish to a multitude of interior horizontal or vertical concrete and masonry finishes. HD6600™ Sealer is self-crosslinking, which provides better film formation, early water resistance, adhesion, toughness and outstanding efflorescence and alkali resistance. It can be applied to green concrete. HD6600™Sealer provides enhanced performance over traditional acrylics with better flexibility, chemical resistance, non-blushing, adhesion, durability and hot tire resistance. Use over raw or stained/dyed concrete. One gallon covers approxiamtely 250-350 sq ft depending on the porosity of the substrate.

Thanks....;)

2. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    I can't comment on that particular product but I just had a garage slab done with a clear high gloss sealer (contractor didn't ask first, just did it), and it is so slippery when my shoes are even a little wet, I have almost face planted a whole bunch of times. I think what he used was Kaufman Krystal 25 OTC

3. BamaRocker

Nov 29, 2005
    Meridianville, Alabama
    Thanks Bondo...

I am going to be adding this to mine if i go with the Legacy stuff...It should help with slipping.

Polypropylene based Non-Skid Additive. For use with all Legacy Industrial sealers and urethanes or any comparable thin sealer or top-coat.

This is a softer non-skid that is ok for bare feet. It is soft on skin but very long lasting. Includes (1) 16oz. bottle of material.

Choose from Coarse 16 mesh, Fine 40 mesh or Extra Fine 100 mesh.

Coverage: (1) 16 oz. bottle will cover approx. 5 gallons of sealer (desired COF level dependent).

4. notstock78

notstock78 Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I literally just did my floor, as in last night put the epoxy down. This is the first time I did an epoxy floor and have not experience with these before this but I have read that the water based coverings is not as durable as the solvent based. That is just what I read.

Here is the link to my progress.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269781

5. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Central Coast, CA
    I glued down 12"x12" commercial vinyl tiles. Cheap, easy to fix.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. BamaRocker

Nov 29, 2005
    Meridianville, Alabama
    I took the Epoxy plunge, I used a company called “Shape Ups” they did a great job. They grind away top layer to make for better seal, with a nice clear coat on top, and finished everything in one day,.

It comes with lifetime warranty. Can’t beat that.

I used the Legacy HD6600 in the closet. Works pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Texas
    Hey Bama,

That looks very nice. What was the size that that Shape-Ups did, and mind tossing out an approximate cost ?

Thanks !

--

8. BamaRocker

Nov 29, 2005
    Meridianville, Alabama
    cost was 3.70 sq foot..Based on 32x34 room...typical for epoxy floor, it can range 3 to 4 dollars per square foot.

9. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks, I'm about to have my shop erected and was looking at options.

--