frustrated engine breaks up off idle

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by Mwilson, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro American by birth, drag racer by choice

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Box is dead. It happens.

2. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

went back to the local shop where I purchased my parts he handed me another box said try it car runs amazing, I gotta give it back though but now its confirmed. I'll call MSD tomorrow and see where I get. On a side not I did get my lines bent and flared and both plates and solenoids installed today.

3. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

HMMMM, didn't someone mention remove the box and see if it fires :p

muscl car and Mwilson like this.
  4. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

5. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    I think msd should hook you up with a gift card. Its more than frustrating pulling parts that break right out the box.

cadillac_al and Mwilson like this.
  6. mrdragster1970

Yea right, they blame us for hooking it up wrong!!!

Like my stupid neighbor's kid adding a bunch of light fixtures to the parts room, and he tapped into the 3 phase.
    They gave him all new fixtures, and it was 100% his fault.

7. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

they were cool, emailed me a prepaid overnight shipping label and its off to Texas now. I am not the type of guy who would hook something up wrong and damage it then return it but I know plenty who are. If I do it I eat it regardless.

8. mrdragster1970

The only time I ever pulled a fast one was many years ago.
    I bought the new fancy digital camera that just came out for a trip to Fla.
    Well it broke on the vacation, on day 10 ish and when we got home, they refused to take it back.
    It was something like day 32, and they only offered a 30 day warranty.

So I was pretty pissed, iirc they were very expensive back then.
    So I went to another location, bought same camera, and returned the dead one the next day.
    Yes, I was a lying POS, but the damn thing did break in less than 30 days!!

9. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

lol I did try to do a warranty claim once come to think of it. My motor blew after 4 days in my pontiac sunbird with only 980 miles on it. It came with a 1,000 mile warranty I drove it on 3 cylinders home that night and in the morning to the dealership with a hole in the block! by the time I got there it had 1,002 miles ( I was holding in gear too long over revving ) they didn't cover it and I had to buy a motor.

10. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Jun 17, 2006
    MN
    The digital 6 boxes have some trouble I have read. I bought one for $35 from a kid and it's supposed to be good, we'll see. MSD said $75 to fix it if it's bad.