Freedom Battery Topper

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Burd, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    image.jpeg The Freedom and Freedom II toppers are in, (freedom shown) we have a small run made, complete as shown, molded in blue, decals and eye. They fit a Delco series 78 series and smaller, sine the Camaro doesn't have a top hold down, double tape or Velcro tabs ( not supplied) can be used.
    Thanks for the staff here for letting me post this, pleas pm me info to become a gold member here, thanks again.
    The toppers will be at Dayton Ohio next weekend fir the Trans Am Natl's. Stop in the United F Body booth

~1979 was the start of Freedom II for Firebirds, not sure for Camaro, any info is appreciated.

2. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  3. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I was told that Interstate battery's still have a white case, if so I'll buy one and post it here, otherwise I like to paint the case in a off white, the OG battery's were opaque, not brilliant white.

4. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Free here's 2 at the Nationals this past weekend,

l16pilot likes this.
  5. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Nice work...looks great. The 1980 Camaro brochure specifies the Freedom battery....in 1981, the brochure specifies the Freedom II.

6. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Those look sweet almost makes me want to purchase an appropriate era vehicle to buy one, I'm a sucker for original looking items.........

7. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    image.jpg Thanks. All feedback has been great. A guy with a 78 sent me this.

8. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    If you don't have a top hold down, dbl side tape or I like Velcro dots, you will need to pick these up. If I have velocity laying around still I'll give young couple.
    I'd remove the topper if you wash the engine bay.

9. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    image.jpg There a brochure in the glovebox lit for the Freedom battery.

10. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Just got my Freedom Topper....extremely nice piece and looks fantastic. Haven't had the chance to get the car off the lift for a trial fit, but very happy with the product...thanks Burd!