Found something interesting today about tires

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by muscl car, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yeah I've been finding the same thing, either that or they want $45-60 per tire.

muscl car likes this.
  2. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    If you were near central NJ I'd tell you to bring em on over. Just mounted slicks for a customer the other day.

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like it's time for bead locks , no tire store needed !!!! :)

SRGN likes this.
  4. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Funny everybody is having issues with tire shops not wanting to mount customer-supplied tires. I bought a set of like-new wheels/tires off of a 2017 Silverado to put on my 06 burb. Got them off a guy on Craigslist. They needed to be re-balanced so I took them to Discount. Would you believe they offered me their warranty/protection plan on them? I didn't have the money or else I would have done it. Weird lol!

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Are they tubless tires by design?

muscl car likes this.
  6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    The old days shops had stacks of tires wrapped in paper that kept them preserved for years. The radials just seem to let go especially down here with the sun. The tires crack let the moisture in and rust the steel belts and pop. I had 40+ year old Sears Dyna-Glass Tires that still held air on the front of my 64 Lemans. I just had to put air in about once a year. I sold it about 3 months ago. It went up to Virginia.

7. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No the "new " Mickey Thompson ET Street R Bias ply require tubes as per the mfg . A lot of people do though run them tubeless