Found something interesting today about tires

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by muscl car, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    You are probably breaking the law by breathing in California, Chuck. Nothing is legal and everything causes cancer there.

Dave Nelson, muscl car, Zstar and 2 others like this.
  2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Garys correct! Try the Hispanic shops, they stipl have common sense. And cojones.....

muscl car likes this.
  3. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Never a problem here in Michigan. But then we ship most of our "nancies" to warmer climates so they won't shiver and whine.

4. Gary S

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Like most things, if you want something done right, do it yourself. Mount them yourself in your garage and buy a tire balancing machine so you can balance them too. A well equipped garage can always use one.

5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    Hey hey now. Talk to me come February!

6. Gary S

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Why wait until February? It is snowing here today and it is beautiful. I would never trade my winter for what you guys have to suffer in Florida and California. I've never lived in Florida, but I have lived in California and it sucked. Florida with your humidity would suck even worse.

7. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    [​IMG]

And you can't throw snowballs in Florida. ;)

8. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I've been seeing a trend in general where tire shops don't want to install anything they didn't sell.

9. Gary S

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    ^Again likely some legal issues. With tires they sell, they have more control of where they come from and how they have been stored and handled. Also, there is more profit in selling and installing the tires rather than just installing them. And, profit is what keeps a shop in business.