Foggy Headlights

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by 79BlueSC, Aug 4, 2009.

1. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY

I used the same stuff.^^^ Worked like a charm. I got 3 sets of lights done with one kit. All 3 sets look like brand new lights, and night time driving is a bit better also.

Anyone know if they make a "refill" kit for this? I used up all my sanding discs, and the wet disc is just about shot too. Those lil nipples on the lights gave the disc a beating.

2. bobpon

bobpon Veteran Member

Oct 16, 2006
    New Orleans,La.
    I use Liquid Luster (the pink stuff) on my Monte Carlo, easy and it works great.

3. ss4ever

ss4ever Member

Dec 16, 2009
    MO

I have used that same kit at work, works so good that we bought the professional version of the kit that comes with the correct sanding and pollishing air tools and several boxes of sandpaper and buffing pads. Lights that I pollished over a year ago are still looking new!

4. Canoe58

Canoe58 Veteran Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Long Island NY
    fine wet sand and polish them to death. Gets rid of tre fade or yellow or what ever you have. The last time i did the honda was about 2 years ago.They still look new

5. Huyzel

Huyzel Member

3m make a cleaner and polish for plastic.. if they are really bad then wet sand and polish. I just take my buffer with some compound at 3000rpm and they look like new again.

6. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    I use regular old metal polish!! Works great if they aren't too bad. Wet sand first with 1000-1500 grit sanepaper if they are too bad.

7. Huyzel

Huyzel Member

I hit it with a heavy-medium cut compound with my buffer at like 3000rpm.. Tape off surround surfaces or take out the headlights. I only wet sand when it is really bad.