FNG to the Group..

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by AzPatMan, Feb 6, 2017.

1. AzPatMan

AzPatMan New Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Greetings.
    Where to begin with this... I'm a transplant from Arizona, but living here for 12 years now.
    Car has been in my family (actually - from my Aunt's side) since it was new.
    I'm the 2nd 'owner' (even though other family members drove it before I bought it,) and original mileage is still under 100,000.
    I've had it for some time - but it's had to sit for quite a while (17 years actually.)
    Finally, I'm in a position where I can start a proper resto-mod.
    Mine's actually an early `77, so it's not a Z28. Technically - it's not even a Berlinetta or LT.
    It's actually titled as a 2 Door Coup! (YAY - Cheap to insure! :D )
    But, when all is (hopefully) said and done - I think it may be worthy!
    Here's a couple pic's from when I finally brought it from my parents house down in AZ, and up to Colorado.
    Let's the fun begin! :)
    Oh, Also - been a lurker on here for some time, didn't want to start posting until was ready to start working on this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 70_Camaro_SS

70_Camaro_SS Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 26, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Looks like a very nice project. Especially with it in your family since new! Great for taking to family reunions as well.

Looking forward to pics as she progresses!

3. AzPatMan

AzPatMan New Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Thanks! :)
    I've been putting ideas together on what I want to do.
    First things first though, going to be dropping the $$ shortly for a new painless harness. 40yr old car, especially after sitting for so long (in AZ) I'm sure the original wiring is ready to fall apart at this point.

4. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Welcome aboard APM, keep us posted on that big bumper era restore!

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Ahh. Just what I love to see, a Camaro picture with a cactus in the background. NO big rust issues which I've always avoided like the plague. Perfect start for a project I think. And welcome "funny" new guy. Some might decode that differently.

6. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    I got it. lol good one

7. AzPatMan

AzPatMan New Member

Jan 15, 2017
    :D
    Yep, it lived most its life in AZ, between Yuma, Phoenix and Tucson (Tucson mostly.)
    Once it's road worthy again - definitely won't be driving on winter roads here. Noticed this winter (at least in the Littleton area,) that they've changed their mixtures for the ice-melts.
    All the roads have that white/grey hue now... Hasn't been like that the past few years.
    As for me being the "Funny" new guy... I can be funny too! :crazy::confused:

8. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Welcome to the boards!

9. AzPatMan

AzPatMan New Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Finally able to make some time to work on this!
    Pulled the plugs - and put in a little wd-40.
    Was able hand spin the motor over nicely, shocked the heck out of me for it sitting for so long.
    Pulled the valve covers - not a spec of garbage anywhere!!!
    Drained the old oil and filter - and put some new stuff in.
    Bypassed the fuel line since I know there's old stuff in the tank I need get out. But ran a temp new line to a gas can and filter.
    Put in the plugs and wired everything back up. Primed the oil, and cleaned out the carb a little and primed it with some 89octane.
    Keep in mind - car was originally tuned down an Arizona. And holy balls if it didn't fire up on the first try. What a wave of emotions!
    The one thing that brought me down was - damn, I've gained some weight and look fat now! :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  10. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Congratulations. As far as the weight goes, don't feel bad. Every time I look at a mirror I see someone I don't know. Lol