Floor jack recommendations

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Johnny Blaze, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I've got a 2 1/2 ton jack from Harbor Freight about 20 years ago and it still works just fine. It will pick up my 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 with no trouble. The only thing I have changed was roght after I bought it, I put a piece of pipe insulation over the handle to protect car finishes from the handle bumping them.

2. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Veteran Member

Jan 24, 2013
    New Washington, IN
    I ended up with 2 low profile harbor freight jacks, 3 years and going strong. Outlasted my craftsmans!

3. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Bremen, Ga
    The new Harbor freight "Daytona" yellow 3 ton jack... I just bought one a couple days ago. Man this think is nice. Lower than any of my others, lifts higher, rolls better in fact it feels like it just glads across the shop and even out in the yard. Grease fittings on lift arm, wheels, release, saddle. Real beefy, good welds.

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    HF low pro 3 ton is my go to jack. I've lowered the Camaro to where it's difficult to get my aluminum jack under the front cross member. This jack will also lift the front end of my pickup, where the 2.5 ton aluminum one has a hard time.

5. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Milwaukee Model 40.

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    I would use one of those "NASCAR" type floor jacks.Because as low a Camaro sits,(mine has about 3" at the cross member) in the Pro-Touring mode .That most of us run.

Attached Files:

7. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Nature Coast of Florida
    My 4 year old Costco jack is doing just fine. Unbeatable return policy as items can be returned years after purchase!

8. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    HF 2 1/2 ton low, 3 yrs now going strong. Before that Sam's club china big orange heavy jack lasted 20 yrs

9. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 17, 2001
    Boston-ish
    I have the last craftsman USA made 2 1/2 ton Sears had left about 10 years ago. It's left outside, rusted and bent but has never leaked and I picked up the rear diff on a plumbing truck last week. Best $30 I had ever spent on a tool.

The hf Chinese jacks are fine if they aren't abused. The seals in the piston used to be serviceable but that might have changed. If my jack ever dies, ill buy one. Hard to beat the price for the decent quality.

10. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    My HF aluminum just finally started bleeding down after 10 years or so...so I just bought another one.