floor covering

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Camaro16, May 27, 2014.

1. Camaro16

Camaro16 Veteran Member

Oct 22, 2006
    carthage ny
    Looking for floor covering ideas. I'm wanting to pretect the floor from oil and other spills. The problem is that there is no drain in the floor so it would need to be waterproof or easily moved if it floods.

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

When I built my garage, I used an epoxy paint from Sherwin-Williams. Other companies make it too. Except for one spot where stuff has been dragged and gouged the concrete, it looks the same today as it did when I painted it 9 years ago. If you go with this, be sure to add the grit in the kit as it makes the floor slicker than snot, especially if it gets wet. I get these humpback cave crickets from time to time and I've seen them jump, and jump, and jump, but not go anywhere. They eventually die from exhaustion.

I've spilt oil, grease, transmission fluid and even battery acid. It all mops right up. Most people go with grey but I went with a light tan. Two reasons, it brightens the shop better and a dropped bolt doesn't disappear like it will on a grey floor.

3. Bad79

Bad79 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2009
    sc
    Been using racedeck. Pretty good product but it is plastic so you can't weld over it.