first offence D.u.i

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Ace74, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Ace74

Ace74 Veteran Member

Aug 17, 2002
    FT.Lewis WA
    Well on the 5th i was sitting in my car drunk and my buddys platoon sgt. came by and asked if i was drinking and why i was in my car since i was he told me to get out and he calld the mp's well i ended up getting a dui for posestion of a vehicle, it behing my first offence some people said i may beable to get it droped to neglagent driving or maybe even get it droped all together and just end up taking some classes, what do yall suggest i do or look into.

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    2 things here.

#1. Were your keys in the ignition?? Was the car running.

#2. Did you blow or not? I know military doesn't really care, but in all reality, if you're sitting in your car, and not operating it, a good JAG can get you out of this with minimal problems.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV

In the Air Force the keys just have to be in your possesion (pocket,ignition etc) and you can be charge with the intent to drive drunk

4. WBowie

WBowie Veteran Member

Feb 24, 2001
    Grovetown, GA

Uh..don't get caught next time. [​IMG]

Seriously though..why were you even in sitting in the car while intoxicated? if you were planning on sleeping it off a little at least get in the back seat.

5. ReRod

ReRod Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Earth
    That's not only in the AF either. They'll do that in MN without hesitating. That is the only comment I'm making on this because.... well, I won't go into it.

6. ZootsuitZ

ZootsuitZ Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Dunlap TN Usa
    Maybe a stiff fine and no license will teach ya a lesson.

ORRRRR you could learn how a buddy of mine did and smear a mtorcyclist across 500 yards of pavement. He got 8 years.

Dummy move anyway you cut it live and learn...............Hope you do.

7. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Holy shit, are you kidding me??
    That's f'n pathetic.....wow.
    So if I'm wasted and decide to pop my trunk to pull out my sleeping bag or whatever, I can get charged with a DUI......what a world this is coming to. Unfukinreal. [​IMG]

8. ReRod

Sep 9, 2005
    Earth
    Well said!

9. Redge

Redge Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Man thats a crappy law. I know people that have gone to sleep in the back of their pickup while drunk. Does that mean they'll get a DUI for that?! Complete bullshit.

10. ReRod

Sep 9, 2005
    Earth
    Not if they throw their keys far, far away [​IMG]