First budget build...need advice

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by NOLAZACK, Feb 7, 2017.

1. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Hello all. I have a 70 camaro for my first build. I purchased a wrecked 79 camaro and plan o n harvesting the wire harness, A/C which is working perfectly (my car is a Norwood car and came with factory A/C), and the interior which is in near perfect condition and that Carmine red color. Do any of the experienced gurus on the site see an issue with any of my plans as far as fitment/functionality?

Also, the 79 has tilt column and cruise control. I definitely want to keep the column and hope I can transfer the cruise control over to my 70. Any and all feedback is welcome.;)

2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Not at all. Everything you want to do can be accomplished fairly easily.

NOLAZACK likes this.
  3. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Member

Feb 7, 2017
    @jimrr thanks so much for the input. I will start a thread and document my build. I know the dash pad for starters is different 70-78 and 79-81. Im not too worried about it. Im got a jump start by getting the complete running donor for a grand. just wrecked in the front. I wish it would have had a 350/350 drivetrain. It came with a 305/350 so I need a motor. I would have had all the big stuff for the build. Thanks again for the input!

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Your going to need every part of the AC system as a 70 used a expansion valve / POA valve system and the 79 used a factory fixed orifice / clutch cycling system . Even the controls and the box behind the dash

NOLAZACK likes this.
  5. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Thanks @twozs I plan on harvesting everything. Im so appreciative for yalls feedback. I was hoping it would work and now I see that it will. I start back work on it in a couple weeks and will start a thread.

twozs likes this.