first 1970 camaro

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by newyorkvettes, Nov 24, 2010.

1. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    All I have right now are the VIN and trim tag pictures and I was hoping that newyorkvettes would post what he has.

I did a search on here and what I found confirms the pictures I have came from the ebay auction for the "supposed" LA number 1.

Ok ok here's the VIN pictures.

Rick H.

[​IMG]

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio

I like the car better myself, but not so sure it's documented as a #1 car, at least not as much as this car is.

3. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    How is this car documented? All I see is a VIN and trim tag that don't necessarily match. This issue was brought up 4-5 years ago when the car first showed up on ebay. And like most other controversial subjects it either slowly dies or is met with vigor by some know it all big wig with more money then brains. Trust me if this car was the very first L78 or COPO Z/28 this thread would be 10-15 pages longer.
    In my opinion this car has more interest to me because of the number 1 claim.

With the former Yunick car you know there was nothingbeing hidden. We all know it started life as a 6 cylinder and was used for development testing with Yunick.

I even tried to buy the LA #1 car when it was on ebay but the auction was stopped.

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

Rick H.

4. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    Seems logical that the Smokey Yunick car was built first between the two. Wouldn't the surviving car that has the earliest production date truely be the first ? I guess thats what bothers me about the white car.

Anyway the Norwood car just turned out to be such a cool car after the restoration with all the neat racing parts associated with it..

That said... heck.. I'd like to own any car Smokey tinkered with himself.:crazy:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  5. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    Still waiting......

Rick H.

6. sweetsoul

sweetsoul Veteran Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Liberty sc
    ttt iwant to see it too!

7. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    you guys have been had....last time the guy was on was over a week ago...maybe this whole thread was to fish for more pics and info??

8. RC79camaro

RC79camaro Veteran Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Greenville, SC
    I was reading through it and I'm starting to think the same thing...