first 1970 camaro

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by newyorkvettes, Nov 24, 2010.

1. newyorkvettes

newyorkvettes New Member

Nov 14, 2010
    lynbrook ny
    The car is in one of my warehouses which I have some of my other cars. I will take pictures in the next few days when I get down there.

2. Mark80Z28

Mark80Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Ohio
    Guys, really- does the future of mankind depend on whether or not this guy bought this car? Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

He doesn't owe anyone proof, and he's not really asking for much. If he wants to post pics- fine, but I think everyone needs to lighten up a little (or a lot).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  3. z28rod

z28rod Veteran Member

Apr 30, 2009
    hopewell junction,ny
    ok no problem, just wanted to see a pic of the car thats all. i still call b.s. until i see original pics.......

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. Peter Wilson

Peter Wilson Veteran Member

hey Newyorkvettes ...

some of the guys on here are just skeptics due to being burnt before by some of the " unsavouries" out there . stay with this forum , its got a lot of useful information and people on here . some of the skeptics that have replied to your post are very helpful and have a lot of useful info . they are just wanting to see what you bought .... as the posted pics have been in circulation for sometime and are no more than " calander shots " anyway Welcome to the forum

5. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 29, 2010
    texas
    Im not trying to be a jerk here. When someone comes on a forum asks for information on something and doesnt really provide any information it seems bogus. Seems like you have a bunch of money laying around with cars in a warehouse etc.. Couldnt you just hire someone to take care of this for you? Im sure they could dig up much more information than we could. Just a suggestion. They would have get access to dmv records etc. Trace the car from assembly to your warehouse..

6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
  7. z28rod

z28rod Veteran Member

Apr 30, 2009
    hopewell junction,ny
    dude if you really do have this camaro , my hat is off to you. but you should get down there this spring and get those cars out and drive them just a little bit. they like that, nd it keeps everything moving and lubed up :)......

8. 70sbudget

70sbudget Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2008
    san diego
    wow, way to welcome a new member and make him feel welcome guys. not an expert here but i am ususally very impressed with the members of this site and their helpful nature. not so much in this case.

congrats on your new purchase. hope you enjoy it for many years to come. welcome to the site.

9. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    After a search of all my pictures I finally found the pictures of the VIN and trim tag when the car was on eBay in 2006. Interesting that the first LA 1970 Camaro was built 02D.

The car was also painted blue at the time of the eBay auction.

Rick H.

10. newyorkvettes

newyorkvettes New Member

Nov 14, 2010
    lynbrook ny
    Thats great! I would like to see it if possible? and your right, the Vin #'s
    have notting to do with the built date. The Vin # is assigned to the order sheet when placed by the dealers or GM. The built date should not be used
    as a gage on early cars of any make. I seen many cars with built dates and even on parts that are way off from the Vin and are 100% true survivors!
    If a car was ordered for a special purpose or is awaiting back ordered options or parts then it would be put on hold until availible and later cars are built
    before it. If you check most of the early car Vin #'s from Van Nuys they don't
    run in a consecutive date order. You will always find a low vin with a later
    than normal built date.