Finally!! I found the perfect one :)

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by cjanes81camaro, May 25, 2014.

1. cjanes81camaro

cjanes81camaro New Member

May 21, 2014
    Canada
    Hello Everyone,

I have been searching for a 1981 Camaro Z28, one of my first cars I owned. My First one was a 1976 LT Type Camaro, then 6 months after owning it I was rear ended in Traffic and the car was written off. The next car was a 1981 Z28. Fast forward, I wish I never allowed the boyfriend to turn it into a race car :(. She is done. Anyways, I have always wanted one I can restore. Been searching for a few years and people have hacked the crap out of them. Well, Found one :)
    This car is original... a little rough, but seen a lot worse and was expecting to purchase one that needs a lot of help.
    My good friend and I drove four hours to look at this car and immediately I told her to "Start the truck". This car has been sitting in storage for 14 years...not covered! 20140505_195154.jpg

2. Battmann

Battmann Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2007
    North Chili, NY
    Congrats and welcome to the site!

3. cjanes81camaro

cjanes81camaro New Member

May 21, 2014
    Canada
    So, I am hoping to get some help from others on this blog.
    It has not been started since it was drove into storage in mint condition (as per the storage owner) I checked the fluids and there was no oil on the dip stick. Nice color fluid on tranny stick. Found a hole in the oil pan. Mice in the radiator overflow. No cap. What I am thinking of doing is removing the nose of the car as it was damaged in storage by someone backing up into it so I am going to have to replace it. I am also thinking it will be easier to work on the engine area. I think this car can fire up after I clean and remove fuel and clean radiator. Everything is in place and all looks okay after removing cob webs
    engine are 2.jpg

4. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Welcome to the site! Looks like a great car, lots of people here willing to help out with any questions and parts as well!

5. stevenp3762

stevenp3762 BANNED

Feb 7, 2013
    bradenton fl.
    Welcome to the site!

6. Couch Tater

Couch Tater Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Eufaula, Alabama
    Sounds like the first order of business would be the oil pan...... What do you suppose happened to it? Corrosion or trauma?
    They can be replaced without pulling the motor, it just not that much fun:)

7. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Welcome aboard. Looks like you've got a pretty good car to start on. Keep us posted.

8. cars4life

cars4life Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Poughkeepsie N.Y.
    Nice find. Im always glad to see a second gen find a good home.

9. sovain

sovain Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2008
    cambridge,ontario
    welcome and nice find.

10. Eighty1Camaro

Eighty1Camaro Veteran Member

Apr 28, 2013
    south central Indiana
    Nice score, I have an 81 I am cloning into a Z. Mine needed more work though! Don't be afraid to ask anything!