Finally got the car to the track.....boy do I need to change a lot!

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by CamaroGP, Dec 19, 2016.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, my Pro-Mod must use the center section from M/W's only, but my bracket car & my outlaw Superstock car can use a moser or strange.
    M/W's does theirs different, just so you can't use someone else's stuff that is much cheaper.

I saw you were looking at a kit, so call them up and see what the same kit with 40's cost.
    They probably don't get a lot of guys with your weight and a clue buying kits, so they only posted the 35's???

Just looked up spools, 35's & 40's are same price??
    So definitely give Strange & Moser a call. It can't hurt, and you are launching a lot of weight!!!!

2. CamaroGP

CamaroGP Veteran Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    I also noticed that the 40 axles seem to only have 5/8 studs. I have not measured my wheel lug openings but the shank on my lug nuts measures .680 which tells me the wheels are probably 11/16 (.687) I am looking to see if any of the 1/2 stud kits are sleeved for the size I need. I don't know if drilling my wheels is a smart idea. Still looking.........

3. mrdragster1970

I'm no expert, and it's always a good idea to ask if you don't know.
    That being said, every wheel I've had Weld, Craggar, Bogart all fit my 5/8" perfect.
    I just assumed 5/8" was standard opening???

4. CamaroGP

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    5/8 stud will fit. Maybe all wheels are that way. I have never had to measure them. It just seemed like excessive play to me.

5. CamaroGP

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    A little research answered that question. The shoulder on the stud is larger than the threads to properly locate the wheel.
    [​IMG]

6. mrdragster1970

If it's sloppy, don't run them, somethings not right??
    I'm a huge cheap skate, and even I would never run a wheel that's sloppy.
    I do know you will never find a 1/32" sleeve??

7. mrdragster1970

OK, cool, you're good to go then!!!!
    I knew it wasn't a 11/16" opening new, unless it was worn out that much.

Don't forget red loctite on the inner nut!!!

8. CamaroGP

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    Now I know what I need, Just got to wait for the funds to get right.
    Thank you for the help.

9. CamaroGP

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    UPDATE!!!

Went to the track this past weekend, there was an event going on as well as Test & Tune.
    Only got two runs in.

first off the N2O fuel pump shorted out and wouldn't do anything except get hot.

First one my roll control solenoid stuck keeping the front brakes on. Think it was the switch sticking on, had to hit the button a few times to get it to release. But kept the Digital 7 in "burnout" mode. lower rev limit.

Second pass I just foot braked and at least made a run from A to B. Albeit I went from 1st gear to 3rd. No second at all. My fault.
    60' - 1.870
    330' - 5.101
    1/8 - 7.776 @ 93.32
    1000' - 10.060
    1/4 - 11.991 @ 116.90

I came to the conclusion I need a more converter. I was told the used one I put in the car now is 4K - 4.3K I don't think so.
    A racer buddy is loaning me his 5K converter, I will be putting it in this weekend.

Watch the video, Not getting any R's off the line. Cam power don't start coming in until around 5ish.

10. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep its a little soft on the hit and the 5k stall converter should help . are you running a transbrake ?? , that can help also for launch rpm