Finally a kid's toy you could feel good about

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by PalmbchZ28, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    the visible V-8.....geez what a PITFA to assemble that thing... Mine... all the pushrods were too short. so i had to glue on "shims" so they would actually open the valves...

wish I still had that :(

I recall getting MY first wrench n plier set 5th grade! My dad allowed mom to get it... Day after Christmas back to the store (SEARS) to be returned...."You said you were going to buy some tools...not TOYS". Then went and bought my first BLACKHAWK tools

Wish i still had those TOO!

2. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    I had the 4 cylinder OHC Pinto engine version. Fewer moving parts. Cool kits though. I wonder if anyone still makes them.

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    The Sears brand was lesser quality than Craftsman. Craftsman was good stuff. People gave it a bad name, IDK. I have put mine through hell and like I said broke a few ratchets and cracked some sockets and stretched some open end wrenches. But I still have some of the original set my Dad bought me. I have Snap on, Black hawk, Blue Point, Mac and Matco, Plus a lot of others that are not even made anymore. Even some New Britain tools from my Dads old set I managed to not loose. I also have some China stuff that surprised me how good it is. The thing is all tools wear out depending on frequency of use. I have busted plenty of the high dollar stuff. Trying to return or get a replacement was a pain waiting for the toolman to stop by. Then sometimes he did not have some to give and had to wait till the next time. I am lucky I have a Sears about a block away from me in case I break something. Usually a screw driver.