Feedback on this please

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by muscl car, Feb 5, 2018.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    I think it would sit too high to be comfortable.

3. largestar

largestar Member

Nov 21, 2017
    The principle is like a short throw shifter. Quicker shifts between gears. By mounting the shifter higher and effectively closer/angled/whatever you are moving your arm less than reaching to the console position. Some guys mount them so you arm is drawn back already or close to the wheel, or shoot lever, etc. too much street outlaws.

Smokey15 and muscl car like this.
  4. muscl car

That makes sense !!

5. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Why not DIY? Made this stand to correct hight so I only have to make a straight forward/backward movement with my arm.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

largestar and muscl car like this.
  6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    When I raced, we sometimes ran something similar at the drag strip. It kept the shifter up in your peripheral vision so you didn't have to hunt for it. Some guys love them and some don't.

largestar likes this.
  7. muscl car

I wish I could make my own pedestal but I've got no access to metal forming tooks

8. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Seems like they are taking a page from the WRC guys

[​IMG]

The closer your hand is from the wheel to the shifter, the quicker you can actuate

muscl car likes this.
  9. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Very common, very comfortable. I had no issue getting used to it immediately.
    I had no tunnel, so I had no choice when I took the Lenco out, you can't hold it in your lap.

Plus when you sit in the back seat, you can put it exactly where you like it.
    My trans comes out the door, so it's nice to remove completely everything that is above & around it.
    Same with my N2O control/delay box.

[​IMG]Bottles, delay, fire by J L, on Flickr

largestar likes this.
  10. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Chuck I think Tim Mcanis racecars sells these in different heights................

muscl car likes this.