Father -Son project out of Arizona

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by webfeet69, May 5, 2017.

1. webfeet69

webfeet69 New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    This is my son's car but it is a father -son project. It is a 1978 Type LT with a 355, turbo 350. It is an Arizona car with about Zero rust. We are just getting it to be a driver while he saves for a build. He wants to build the old school 350 and we are looking for about 400 horse. Our first plans are to get a one year emissions waiver so he can build it and register as a classic. The car already has a healthy 355 4 bolt with a mild cam, Edlebrock air gap intake. carter competition AFB carb. Someone also went wild with the heads as they are nothing special but have studs, guide plates and roller rockers. We had a setback this week when he went to pull the exhaust manifolds to get some studs fixed. I forgot to tell him to disconnect the battery and he had a minor electrical fire with minimal damage. We are hoping to have it licensed in the next two weeks. You can click on the link below to get some build pictures. I will add more as we make progress.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxAdNWQj65UlTEpycF9La29KZWs

[​IMG]

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That is great, doing a project with your son, lots of great memories to be built there! I will be looking forward to seeing lots more pics.

3. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    Welcome to the group. Definitely a great father son project. ​

4. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    Looks like you are starting to make progress. It's great to have a father and son project. Way back when I was restoring a 66 mustang convertible my daughter used to actually come out and help me.

5. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Cool project! Instead of an emissions waiver Haggerty can get you classic car insurance for a vehicle thats under construction. I went that route, Im in AZ too, and it was way easier than getting a waiver, the insurance was cheaper and I got the historical plates. Good luck and enjoy the build.

6. webfeet69

webfeet69 New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Thanks, we got haggerty.

7. webfeet69

webfeet69 New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    So many pictures of progress to post and I'm trying to figure out now. I bet at least 75-100 and I'm trying to figure out to post them so you see pictures instead of links.
    So much progress has been made. so much more to go! The car is completely torn down and in the process of putting back together.

8. Canadian Barton

Canadian Barton Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Okotoks, Alberta
    Looks like one of those low rise cams. At least the lifters weren't ported like my big block. 108.JPG

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018