Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Little Naples, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Little Naples

Little Naples Veteran Member

On the following Camaro site

http://www.gardenofspeedin.com/partslocguides/lnkCamaro.html

under "Movies" they say it was an '81 that actually was crashed...They always use more than one car in movies.... they probably used a '79 for the driving scenes and the '81 was a stunt car for the wreck...I'll have to watch the movie again...the Phoebe Cates' scene is worth seeing again.

2. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    It's a 79 - you can tell by the graphics.

Also, at the end of the movie, when brad is getting robbed, the bandits arrive in a 78 - 81 Camaro. It's tough to pin down the year because it's out in the parking lot. [​IMG]

3. Wicked 79 Z28

Wicked 79 Z28 Member

Jan 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    I know that they did at least use two camaros for Jeffersons car. The one at the beginning of the movie that they show parking in the parking space has Fisher T-Tops. The one that is wrecked and they show sitting in the front of the school has Hurst T-tops. They both had the correct 79 graphics.

[This message has been edited by Wicked 79 Z28 (edited June 22, 2005).]

4. ram air dad

ram air dad Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Danville,Indiana USA
    Thanks for clrearing that one up! I bought one of those fast times 70 camaro die casts and for the life of me I couldn't remember that being a 70 camaro being driven in the movie. Oh well, it's a neat diecast.

5. bert

bert Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Bexley, Ohio, USA
    Long time since watched, exterior shots suggested 79Z but interior shot just after accident has curved dash (78 and earlier) vs straight dash. As others have noted multiple cars / years used to film but audience was to believe 79Z

6. onenastyz28

onenastyz28 Veteran Member

Aug 10, 2000
    wyoming.michigan.49509
    That's not the only movie a camaro get's wrecked I was watching beverly hills cop the other day and that black camaro get's trashed in that.Sad to it was a nice car to

7. tallman1970

tallman1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Camas,WA
    The car looks like a 79Z28 Silver with blue-decals,Interior looks like oyster maybe cloth.