Fall Back

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Burd, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Holy crap I wasn't ready for that Terry, you owe me a new keyboard. :)

muscl car likes this.
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    The way the world operate these days 24-7...the time/daylight is irrelevant. We Should just leave it alone. It's dark in the winter, just the way it is. Whether you have daylight at 7am or 6pm does it really matter? Like post #1 states...was anything really gained?

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes I use Military time as its easier , don't know why it's so confusing to others LOL !!

I get up every day at 0700 even though my cats paw at me starting at 0500hrs to wake me up so they can have their food

Zstar likes this.
  4. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    Well. Drive your kids to school, or give them a flash light. Second, you can't save time.
    I'm all for leaving it alone.
    I don't change mine anymore, I'm either a hour early, or late. It is what it is.

5. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    Listen....

6. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Since I'm not on a desk like some of you, I don't have the issue with being dark in the morning & evening to deal with.
    I actually get to see the sun rise & sun set.
    I do have to deal with trying to finish the work in the damn dark issue.
    Dark at 1630 blows, driving in the dark at 1630 blows, falling asleep at 1800 blows.

7. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I use military calendar also & it really confuses people, especially at the bank for some reason????
    I think it's much easier, some people are too stupid to remember the number of the month,
    and they don't get mixed up by some people using the day 1st & some people using the month 1st!!!!

1 Nov 17 is precise, no way to screw that up!!!!

1/11/17 could be 1 Nov or 11 Jan, I've seen people use both ways??

muscl car likes this.
  8. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I would like it to go the other way. Not only should DST be totally dumped, but for my area we need to move the clock one more hour earlier. This time of year, the sun is at "high noon" (overhead) at 1pm. Here, in the summer under DST, it is directly overhead at 2pm. Anybody, no matter how stupid they are should know that the sun should be directly overhead at 12:00.
    In my youth, the sun was overhead at 12:00 and the morning was long enough to get things done. Mornings are for working. Afternoons are useless for anything except sleeping anyway so it might as well be dark. Growing up, it got light at 4:30am and we had a full day's work done by noon.

muscl car likes this.
  9. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep Military calendar can screw up civilians way to easy

Zstar likes this.
  10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Military calendar? No such thing....I was first thinking you were talking Julian dates and nobody in their right mind operates using the Julian. Do you operate off of Zulu time too?

i always thought numbers were always Month - Day - Year , throw worded month and then it changes.

muscl car likes this.