F-BODY Nationals Memphis Sept 15-17 2017

Discussion in 'Camaro Event Schedules & Locations' started by CamarosRus, Jun 12, 2017.

1. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    They have a huge parking lot where they will have it. There is a grass covered field beside it so the dust shouldn't be too bad. I would suggest bringing a California Duster though

2. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Good question Chuck, hard to say without ever being there before. That's why I'm always leary about going to an outdoor show with unknown conditions. Paved roads with grass parking is best, unless it rains.

3. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

I'm waiting for a call from show staff as this week they are involved in Hot Rod Power Tour....

I will advise this thread of what I find out....

Scott Kiehne....I would NOT display your car outside without using a 10'x20" collapsable
    tent like cover....($500 from COSTCO catalog).....and then secure to ground

4. CamarosRus

I received an email from "somebody" with the show that just like most of YOU
    wouldnt even sign his name (representing this show).

He wrote " We will not have covered areas other that a couple of tents for a select few cars. Judging is not based like it was in the old Super Chevy days, it is more based off of experienced judges and manufacturers, it more of a relaxed event."

My conclusion that any of my friends with trailered restored pristine show cars would not want to display
    at THIS show...... At the very least you would want your own EZ-up shelter and ?????? to protect your
    car from dust, sun and rain

5. CamarosRus

TWO PAGE ad in most recent CHEVY High Performance Magazine...........

September 15-17, 2017 Memphis Intl Raceway

Extensive list of mfg's participating or contributing to this

Rick's Camaro Car Show
    Jegs Performance Drag Racing
    Classic Performance Products Autocross
    Shaffer's Classic Swap Meet
    Golden Star Auto Vendor Midway
    Detroit Speed F-Body Of The Year

This show alleges to be everything the "Camaro Nationals" hasnt wanted to be...........

Im still thinking that venue WONT BE GOOD for Trailer Queen Show Cars/Restorations

Professionally managed, produced and advertised

Not a mention of chartible donations

6. CamarosRus

Three weeks out...................

Curious how many members here even aware of this
    at Memphis,TN drag strip ????????????

7. RS1979

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
  8. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    I'm sure it will a great & fun event to attend, just not the type of show for restored trailer queens like mine. I'm sure there will be several NastyZ28 members there, just not seeing this discussion I guess??
    I will be participating in the Hemmings Concours d'Elegance show in Lake George, NY that same weekend.

9. RS1979

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Now Scott, you could bring a feather duster and some Meguiars Quick Detailer. You'd be fine. lol

10. CamarosRus

Brett, You may or may not be making a poor joke, but you evidently have not seen
    Scott Kiehne's Multi Award Winning (trailer queen) L-78 70' Camaro.

There is NO PLACE at a Dusty, Windy, Too Hot, Too Rainy Race Track for pristine
    expensive restored show cars like Scott's, Mike Steitz, Frank Arone etc etc.

The producers of the F-Body Natl's wanting a Drag Strip (to enhance their revenue $$)
    should have had enclosed tents erected for SHOW cars !!!! but evidently dont care
    to attract them

1085125_3293768398678_952779535_o.jpg CamaroNats.2013 595.jpg CamaroNats.2013 596.jpg unnamed (4).jpg