Experienced EBAY sellers, posting a listing ??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by mrdragster1970, Oct 16, 2017.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have several sports sovereigns that I paid $1500-2000 each.
    My kids don't give a damn about any of the stuff.

How do I list an item that I don't want to sell for a buck 50???
    Reserve, or start the bidding high???
    I have no idea which way works better, or which way is better economically???

What do you guys do for an item you want a certain price?? at this price range??
    The plan is to do 1 the 1st time, and see if there's any interest??
    Than not sure what's best if there is interest, 1 every week or so, or just list 5-10 at once???

Thanks Guys.

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    That's way more money then I'm ever listing. Lot's of guys trying to scam you at that level. My best advice is to PM Batman, he is very very good at the eBay.

3. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Veteran Member

List it as "Buy it now". Remember you'll lose about 11% in Ebay fees, another 3% if you have to use Paypal to be paid.

4. wasp

wasp Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Milpitas, CA
    list as Buy it now with the price you want. Use paypal to get paid so you don't get scammed. Paypal will cover you if you use the ebay shipping feature with the tracking info and the buyer claims they did not receive the item. that amount I would also get signature confirmation. Paypal saved me from a buyer claiming he did not receive the item I shipped him. Don't lower your price if it does not sell right away. I've relisted items for months until I get the price I want. Good luck

5. mrdragster1970

So if I don't know if my stuff is desirable, just keep paying listing fee's until some collector comes across the ad???
    I wanted to do the auction to judge how many people would bid and if there's any interest
    without get stuck having to sell for $2000 less than I paid??
    I tried craigslist a couple of years ago and got 50 conmen for every semi serious customer.
    That BS gets old fast!!!!

Thanks for the quick replies!!!

6. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    On the auctions, I thought you could set a reserve price, like on a car auction.

7. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    SF
    You can set a starting price and just put a pictures in the listing will be free

That’s usually what I do I set a starting price if I don’t get it I just relist it myself

8. wasp

wasp Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Milpitas, CA
    I pay no listing fees. You get 50 a month for free. Setting a reserve price is very frustrating for the buyers. Most items have a harder time selling when listed with a reserve price because the buyer has no clue how much you are willing to take. Better to set the starting price at the least amount you want. you could also add the best offer option. You don't have to accept there offer and can counter offer them.
    ebay is the best way to sell. Don't have to deal with all the idiots.
    I have scored some items for almost nothing because they were listed in the auction format with a very low starting price. The sellers end up loosing money because their shipping cost is more then the item sold for.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  9. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    What is a sports sovereign? Do you have a pic?

10. mrdragster1970

I went to Chicago public schools, I just never get that damn word correct???

souvenirs.

I'm not posting here, don't want to hear how stupid I am for spending ~$1500-2000 a piece on 30 sports items!!!