Estate sale 70-73 camaro parts need advise

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by biendog, Nov 13, 2016.

1. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Oct 8, 2011
    bellville,tx
    Last weekend I purchased a bunch and I do mean a bunch of camaro stuff at an estate sale.It's all 70-73 camaro,new gm I have quarters,rear body tail panel,front valance rs,header panel rs,rocker mlds.,rs park lamps,side markers and other small stuff.All the gm stuff like the sheet metal has gm stickers and the other stuff is in boxes or gm wrappers.Used and in good shape a rs front end mounted to the core supt.,5-6 rs header panels,5-6 eurothane noses,3-4 sets of chrome bumpers,one with holes for mlds.3 rear bumpers 2deck lids,z/28 rims two sets,one set with new goodyear f/60 old school show tires,new gm beauty rings in boxes,186 heads,4555 list holley carb and lots more boxed up stuff.I've never done anything like this before,I don't buy and sell parts but I couldn't pass on this.What would you experts do?

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    All I can suggest is to do a little research and see what similar parts are selling for on Ebay and Craigs List. Then, you have a starting point for price. Once you know what you expect to get pricewise, you can list them here on NastyZ28 or elsewhere.

3. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    sell everything to me

4. 351maverick

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    I sell only for top dollar, which means Ebay exclusively - even the big parts, guys will travel to pick up

5. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    Give us here at NastyZ28 first chance!!!

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Just let the group know what you've got. Are you planning to give the members first crack or straight to eBay?
    I know when you buy a bunch of parts like this its a business transaction, but if you can get what you want from members it sends a good vibe if that's worth anything.

Either way, let us know when you are ready to sell.

7. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Oct 8, 2011
    bellville,tx
    I did not know you can sell parts on the site,but I will give it a try first.Somebody tell me how to or where on the site to do it?I'm in no big hurry.Tell you guys there is alot of really good stuff both new gm and clean used take off stuff

8. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    I'll be watching this thread for parts.

9. 351maverick

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    1438 miles or 22 hours Erie to Bellville, TX

all I need is an address and what kinda $$$ you are thinking & I'll fly in, rent a Uhaul & load it all up

LOL cash is KING

seriously though OP it sounds like you have a goldmine on your hands - DON'T give anything away - guys will tell you sob stories, buy parts from you & immediately flip them for 10X what they gave you

do your research so your priced are fair to YOU and the buyer

CasperCasper likes this.
  10. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    I've seen these posts so many times on here, if you've got prices throw it in the for sale section, these threads always go south because of people fighting over parts.