Eric Alaska's 70 RS/SS 396 L34

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by akcamaro, Feb 19, 2008.

1. akcamaro

akcamaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Anchorage AK USA
    I've still got a long way to go, but I'm almost done collecting parts for it. I bought a 396 out of as 69 chevelle for it, and a 66 dated T400 short shaft. The green deluxe interior is mostly there, and in good shape.
    The color is Green Mist (or is it Mist Green?) and original. The car was last on the road in '81.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. 7z281

7z281 Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2003
    central valley, Cali
    Get busy man. I know it's covered in snow right now. Did you ever get those seats I gave you re covered?

3. akcamaro

Apr 18, 2005
    Anchorage AK USA
    I did buy some 70 Green PUI covers. I havn't had them installed yet. and I'm waiting on a pair of green 70 head rest I bought on ebay last week. I havn't been able to find any green 70 seat backs or hinge covers, so I think I'll try and dye the black ones I got from you.
    I'm glad to see your still around!

4. 7z281

7z281 Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2003
    central valley, Cali
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  5. SG71SS

SG71SS Veteran Member

Have you been able to locate a green dash?

My 71SS is Citrus Green with a Green vinyl top and Jade Green interior (which is a tad lighter in color than the 70 green interior). Lot's of green! :eek:

But I gave up looking for original green interior parts since they are impossible to find. I'm not that crazy about dying parts. Went with a black interior instead. Black plastic is dime-a-dozen.

6. akcamaro

Apr 18, 2005
    Anchorage AK USA
    I'm hopeing that I'll just be able to wash the fungus off my dash and it will be ok. If I had to try and find one, I don't even want to think about how much it would cost me.
    I'm glad my door panels are in nice shape. The one time I've seen 70-71 green deluxe door panels on ebay, a set that wern't as nice as mine, they went for $1400:eek: .
    My sweet door panels are the basis for me building this entire car.:D

7. akcamaro

Apr 18, 2005
    Anchorage AK USA
    Have you bought from them? I didn't realize that seat backs were repro-d in green. Thats good news.

8. 7z281

7z281 Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2003
    central valley, Cali
    Yes I have bought a few things from them. They have always had the parts I have needed in stock, but just like any other parts house there's probably some stuff you would have to wait on. Knowledgable people behind the counter to boot.

9. frozenbowtie

frozenbowtie Veteran Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Eric, Im in Fairbanks, and may have a handle on some parts for your 70, couple junk/recycle yards gonna be closeing the doors this spring, PM me with contact info if you wish.