Engine shop recommendation needed

Discussion in 'Canadian Owners' started by roadrace2, Jan 16, 2017.

1. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
    My goal is to yank my 383 engine out, have a reputable engine shop take a look at the bottom end ( enigne has low miles but would like to have everything checked out before I invest intot the top end) and install a hydraulic roller cam kit in it, perhaps even clean up the performer RPM heads as well. I would prefer to have a shop that has a dyno too so they could tune the carb/ignition as well. I live in the east region of ontario - but I could drive from the GTA to Ottawa for the right shop. Here is a small list I have gathered so far, would you recommend any of these shops or someone else perhaps?

1) Nash engines
    2) Champion Motors
    3) Active engines
    4) Bullet engines

thanks, Bill

2. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Canada
    I was very happy with SKMFX machine work and attention to details on my build (540HP 327 SBC), all top equipment with SuperFlow 1020 flow bench and SF901 dyno with all the options.
    Has been competing at EMC for many years and has been featured many times in the PHR mags. Honest and fair prices.
    PM me if you need more info.

3. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
    Thank you, this is the info Im looking for. He seems top notch. I will PM you regarding this shop. It seems like he only has a blog, not a website, which isnt a big deal to me.

4. Musmoke

Musmoke Veteran Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Kingston, Ontario
  5. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
  6. Chevyforever

Chevyforever New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    ontario
  7. Casey400

Casey400 New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    I'm putting a car together for a client and used Engine Research in Cobden as my machinist, he builds lots and is VERY knowledgeable with a dyno like you want. Look him up or pm me and I'll get more info if you need it. I don't know if you've already had the work done, but he's a great option if not.

8. John Frail

John Frail New Member

May 2, 2017
    Active is good for sure. Kirk at Ajax Engines is great as well. Bought my 520hp 383 from him. Its a rocket.