Elgin Suspension Parts

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by LSANTI76, Feb 19, 2006.

1. LSANTI76

LSANTI76 New Member

Dec 18, 1999
    Johnston,IA
    Hi All...
    Say I'm wondering if any of you have had any experience, thoughts or opinions on Elgin made front suspension parts? I have notice that pricing when compared to MOOG or others are less expensive. There is an ebay shop on Elgin Pro Line of inner / outer tie rods & ball joints with very nice buy now pricing if these were to be quality parts. I'm currently replacing all front suspension parts on my 72. I want to stay clear of PST & PSC Kits due to when I contacted both could not guarentee what brand tie rods & ball joints were within their kits. They told me it varies.
    So any thoughts on Elgin or other sugestions?
    Thanks in advance.

2. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Dickson TN.
    hate to tell you this but the name on the box does not mean that's who maks it even some of the lower priced moog stuff is made over seas but generaly when the price is way off there is a reason for it

3. GearHead72

GearHead72 Veteran Member Gold Member

May 24, 2004
    Shawnee, KS
    I wouldn't worry about the quality of PST or PSC, even though they won't guarantee who makes it, doesn't mean it's not quality. You really can not go wrong with either of them in my opinion.

4. internetautomart

internetautomart Veteran Member

Apr 16, 2004
    chicago , IL , usa
    Elgin is a decent company.
    a bit overpriced, but that's because they are a reboxer.