Ebola in US (Texas)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Earlsfat, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?
    Hoping this post isn't going to get killed - I've heard very little about this until a few minutes ago:

LINK

It's gotten here and had 6 days to infect other people. This is retarded... are we supposed to stay away from people from / who've been to Texas?

Stay safe fellas... I doubt the dude that has it in Texas was playing with dead Africans' bodies (doubting that's the only source of transmission). I'd like to know where he was and specifically what he did in Africa that got him infected.

2. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    CNN was saying this morning, tha this person just got back from west Africa, Liberia

3. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

patient zero:screwup:

4. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 17, 2001
    Boston-ish
    I got my tetanus shot, I'm all set.

5. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    I was reading somewhere that Ebola is bodily fluid borne and not as easy to transfer because of that. The virus can mutate though and become airborne which would cause an epidemic.

6. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Not
    I read News about ebola patient in the US almost a month ago. Why so late in your country?

7. MotionClone

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    I think that one was suspected of having ebola but didnt.

8. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

there were 2.. and they were flown here under quaruntine... doctors working in the affected area.

this guy flew on a commercial airline, then walked around for 6 days before he was hospitalized.

not good.

9. MotionClone

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    Many African countries have banned flights from Liberia for fear of spread of ebola. How come US and other countries havent?

10. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Whut?

Unless the dude from Texas was some kind of aid worker - detail not provided in article - then I'm wondering how he got it. Did he touch something that and ebola infected person touched after coughing on their hand or sneezed on? Was he on a business trip?

I'm guessing that either that part of the world really is that bad (handling the dead, virtually no sanitation, etc) or there are other transmission methods we are not aware of. Bubonic plague was transferred by fleas to humans. Maybe mosquitos are making this worse? Maybe the particulates in coughs aerosolize the disease?

Don't know, but someone walking around Texas for 6 days infected is not good.

Arrogance.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.