Dual Master cylinder with balance bar - more information needed

Discussion in 'Custom Works' started by roadrace2, Dec 10, 2017.

1. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
    http://www.customworksperformance.net/brakes.html

Would like to know more about your dual master cylinder with balance bar.
    Rather than email you, I thought it would be nice to inquire here on the forums so others can share in the conversation / advertise this product as well. (win/win)

I currently have manual brakes - dont like it. I have a manual pedal push rod currently installed.
    How does this unit compare to hydroboost brakes? Performance wise?
    I understand you ditch the vacuum booster - and proportioning valve.....so if I were to purchase the unit you have advertised, would I have brake pedal feel similar to that of power brakes? If I were to purchase this master cylinder, would you be able to source me a new pedal push rod? (i did read on your website that the pedal rod is not included)

Forgot to mention:
    I do have 4 wheel disc brakes.

Would like to know if the unit you sell bolts up to the firewall (i believe in the website it does) and will it accept the stock GM brake pedal.

Thanks in advance.
    Will be contacting you guys in the near future for other purchases as well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Steve.Brink likes this.
  2. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2004
    chico, ca, usa
    Give us a call, we can size everything as well as make push rod for it. This thing is a great piece. Keith 530 864-5846

3. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Jan 13, 2000
    Earth......?
    Thanks! Will do = probably email - as I live in Canada

4. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Veteran Member

May 23, 2002
    Pittsburgh PA
    kinda curious on your review here roadrace2. I will be looking into changing out manual brakes in a month or so here

5. ks71z28

Oct 10, 2004
    chico, ca, usa
    We use these often and the nice part is we can specifically match it to your set up, and likely we have used it in a similar manor before to know what you need. It is the only way to do manual brakes!

6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    So, what makes it work so well , and why should someone desire this system over, booster and proportioning valve, I would like to know as well, and is it a better value, over the other types of systems?

7. ks71z28

Oct 10, 2004
    chico, ca, usa
    Better is a relative term. A power brake booster is cheap and cost effective way to get powerful brakes on MOST applications. Hydroboost is expensive and can be a plumbing mess. Manual brakes are the best option for a track car that need very good modulation, or a car with poor vacuum. This set up allows the brake bias to be moved from front to rear with out losing any brake pressure like an adjustable proportioning valve tends to do, and also it allows you to run different sizing on the bores front and rear to maximize that. We have just got better results from this set up rather than using a tandem style master with manual brakes. Oh and it looks so cool
    http://www.customworksperformance.net/brakes.html

BonzoHansen likes this.
  8. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    OK, thanks , very helpful!