Drop Spindles?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by MEAN79, Oct 23, 2009.

1. huggermaro

huggermaro New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Surrey
    I have a 81 Z28 with all new stock front suspension and was wondering if anyone has had any success with 2" drop spindles and fitting a 17" rim with a low profile tire? please help me?

2. hillbilly75

hillbilly75 Veteran Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    My .02 is to go with springs over spindles to lower your car. I know in your post it says all new stock suspension but mine at one time was like yours and even with just adding a nice spring like Hotchkis it really made the car more fun to drive.

3. mgs1971

mgs1971 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2009
    CLEMSON, SC.
    According to most of this post, I guess my set up will be a total failure. Here is what I have already bought.
    McCaughly 2" drop spindles cut to fit corvette brakes. QA1 coil overs and PTS large diameter swaybars front and rear and an IROC steering box.
    I plan to use my stock powder coated upper and lower control arms to start and then upgrade to Heidt tubular upper and lower LCA's at a later time.
    I have an LS1 and a 6 speed from a 2002 Z-28 that was totaled (rear ended) with only 2000 miles on it.
    I will be running 18"s on the front.
    Why is this not going to work?
    I appologize for addiding to this thread instead of starting a new one but the info should be relevant to the original subject.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  4. stapleszoo

stapleszoo Member

May 1, 2011
    Glastonbury, CT

5. stapleszoo

stapleszoo Member

May 1, 2011
    Glastonbury, CT
    I know this an old post- I also have 2" drop spindles (not sure of the brand) and I have a set of 17 x 8 rim and planning to run a stagger tire set up with 235/50 17 fronts and 245/50 17 rears. Has anyone had any issue with this type of setup?