Dreamland 70

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Zulu28, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Well guys, I tried a build thread a while back but got destroyed by Photoheist along with countless others.
    Picked this 70 up a while back, looks to be a rust free solid body although there's been some repair work in the trunk hinge area, this was done at the body shop where I picked up the car from. I'll try a couple of pics just to get going.

00w0w_2TGzytq8Vri_600x450.jpg

IMG_20170228_145552.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    A bit of an update, next up will be mini tubs and sfc's, I'll be starting at the back and work my way forward.

HPIM0660.JPG

HPIM0659.JPG

3. 7/3-SplitRS

7/3-SplitRS Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    Looks like a good starting point. What are your plans for the car? Color, driveline, style?

4. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    One thing for sure it's Not going to be a six figure car lol !
    Along with the mini tubs will be a three or four link from one of the vendors, right now I'm looking at Chassisworks, the front will be stock sub frame with upgrades, the one area I won't cut corners on is body and paint, with that in mind the engine and trans will come last... as we all know that can blow a serious hole in the budget!! Being from Canada is an extreme disadvantage because of the weak dollar exchange, everything I buy you can tack on 40-50% by the time I get it home, plug that into your calculator! I already have a brand new Strange nine inch with 4:11s and some T56 swap stuff so that's the direction I'll be heading in, I'm not sure which engine I'll go with, probably an Ls something or other, if costs spiral out of control it will be a used engine, lots of good ones out there but not necessarily cheap.
    The one area of concern is filling the mini tub gaping hole, 18x12s are difficult to find, the high end wheels are 3500 bucks a pop in my money which ain't gonna happen so I'll have to make do with a much cheaper wheel and just make it work.

5. 7/3-SplitRS

7/3-SplitRS Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    I can barely afford the resto on mine in American dollars, let alone having to add on 40 to 50% in Canada! I feel for you, but good luck and I look forward to seeing some progress on the mini tub and the rest of the build.