Downunder '81 Berlinetta RHD

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Liam Beale, May 24, 2017.

1. Liam Beale

Liam Beale Member

May 17, 2017
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Cheers!! Much appreciated :)

2. Liam Beale

Liam Beale Member

May 17, 2017
    Cheers Bud, I have no idea how it has registration apart from the fact that it has been, and I'll continue to keep it registered!

3. Liam Beale

Liam Beale Member

May 17, 2017
    Over the last couple weeks I have pressed new bushings in the LCA and installed the LHS, and today I pulled the brakes off today, as I am pretty much useless physically for anything else just yet.

The breaks have always been a bit funky, and after managing to only pull 1 of the cylinders out, I can see why!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zeventy128 likes this.
  4. JasonZE

JasonZE Veteran Member

Sep 11, 2009
    NewZealand
    yuck that needs some cleaning up for sure! Looking at those pics of other rhd car the spacer on the idler arm looks interesting and if you dont have it would explain why you turn way better one way? will have to catch up and come see how your getting on. cheers, Jase..

5. australian z28

australian z28 New Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Australia
    hi Budro6968 , sorry for the late reply , beg my lack of knowledge , is the number you are advising the number on the dash under the windscreen ?, or is there another stamped in to the fire wall some where , I didn't do the conversion but as I understand the cut the original out cut it in pieces and welded it back into the hole , it still has the id number under the windscreen on what would be your drivers side L/H , interested to know if there is a secret number on the fire wall, thanks Wayne

6. australian z28

Sep 3, 2013
    Australia
    hi Liam , good to see you are progressing with your project , we gave a mate a hand to get his 84 Camaro running , it hadn't been started for 4 months , he payed good money to have an engine rebuilt but only done a 1000kms before taking it back to the guy because it wasn't running well , found it had a fuel leak and had run out of fuel , got it running with new fuel but carb is a little large , got it going but will need to re register it and drive it a bit to get further feed back , the wiring needs to be cleaned up and checked over , is pretty messy .
    I have taken photos from a couple car events hoping to share but cant work out how to change from "only allowed to view by owner " , notice your photos are "public" , do you know if I am missing anything .
    Jason ZE might be onto something about spacer on idler arm , cant quite make out if your car has a spacer or not , also agree with you , car is registered so as long as it is you can sort those things out as you go .
    here are a couple of photos from the Australia Day Car Rally at Ormiston , Brisbane , a couple Aussie cars as well as a couple Camaro's and American cars , don't know if you are a Ford or Holden guy but I do have a liking for a good Hardtop , had a XA in my early days

kind regards Wayne

IMG_2794_1.JPG

IMG_2788_1.JPG

IMG_2780_1.JPG XC Ford Falcon Cobra

IMG_2778_1.JPG XY Ford Falcon GT

IMG_2783_1.JPG Holden Torana

IMG_2774_1.JPG FE Holden

IMG_2795_1.JPG

IMG_2787_1.JPG

IMG_2786_1.JPG

7. australian z28

Sep 3, 2013
    Australia
    hi , here are some photos from a All American Show a couple of weeks ago at Rocklea , a suburb in Brisbane Australia , we have had a couple of months with little rain , you know what happens on car show day , RAIN, it was a few heavy showers but a lot of people gave it a miss , it was not a good day to be in my Camaro with the windows up , 32 degrees Celsius , have tried to get wider angles on photos so you can check the cars out in the back ground
    any way enjoy , thanks Wayne

IMG_2817_1.JPG

IMG_2819_1.JPG my car definitely needs a loving polish , job to be done

IMG_2822_1.JPG

IMG_2823_1.JPG

IMG_2824_1.JPG

IMG_2829_1.JPG my daughter with friends rod

IMG_2825_1.JPG

IMG_2832_1.JPG

IMG_2833_1.JPG this one was for sale , big block , $65000 AUD

IMG_2834_1.JPG this was beside it , small block $59000 AUD, think I would find the other $6000

8. australian z28

Sep 3, 2013
    Australia
    hi , here are some photos from a All American Show a couple of weeks ago at Rocklea , a suburb in Brisbane Australia , we have had a couple of months with little rain , you know what happens on car show day , RAIN, it was a few heavy showers but a lot of people gave it a miss , it was not a good day to be in my Camaro with the windows up , 32 degrees Celsius , have tried to get wider angles on photos so you can check the cars out in the back ground
    any way enjoy , thanks Wayne

View attachment 52002

View attachment 52003 my car definitely needs a loving polish , job to be done

View attachment 52004

View attachment 52005

View attachment 52006

View attachment 52007 my daughter with friends rod

View attachment 52008

View attachment 52009

View attachment 52010 this one was for sale , big block , $65000 AUD

View attachment 52011 this was beside it , small block $59000 AUD, think I would find the other $6000

9. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Hey Wayne, No not the one in the windscreen and Yes there is a number hidden under the heater blower housing. Bit of a pain to remove it but it is stamped with a partial VIN. I have had issue with my Reg so I learned about it. Still have not got it straight but hope to get it this summer. Now the car is sitting in the garage up on 4 jack stands with a car cover. Turned into a shelf for some boxes of stuff. The car is in decent shape but needs a little floor pan work and possible Rad support. Also interior and maybe paint to my favorite color or back to factory 84, Which is Charcoal in 81. I am waiting to get it Registered to get any big work done since it is not for sure if I will be able to keep it. So I haven't spent too much time on it. But I did get it to run and move under it's own power.

10. Liam Beale

Liam Beale Member

May 17, 2017
    Thanks for the pictures Wayne! Jason - will see you no doubt at the next Kustoms meet !

[​IMG]
    Dropped the RHS out today, took a bit of effort don't have much strength at the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Did some hillbilly paint touch up, as the paint had flaked off and was starting to rust. Took back to metal and cleaned the rust off, sealed it all with a couple coats of etch primer