Door poppers

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Virginie Markovevna, May 20, 2017.

1. Virginie Markovevna

Virginie Markovevna New Member

May 20, 2017
    Hello, I just bought a camaro 1980 with shaved door but I have to open it by leaving a t top unlocked and open it from inside. So im guessing i will need to install poppers with solenoid. But I do not really understand how it works. I would like to keep the inside handle to be able to open it from the inside. But how the door could open with poppers if the latch is still there. Do I need to remove it? And if i remove it, does the poppers will still hold the door..? I have the original lock and power window, but the lock doesnt work anymore. Do i really need it? Which brand and # part do you suggest? Thank you!

2. SlackerCamaro

SlackerCamaro New Member

May 24, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    You can keep your original door handle. the pooper just hook up inline with them.

3. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Winchester,CA
    You could look on youtube or Google to see how other people installed there kits on a camaro or any vehicle. To get an idea of how to install them. The interior door handles won't change at all. An you will be able to install a backup switch for in case of dead battery