Door glass Question?

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by smallblockchev, Jan 3, 2018.

  1. 70 Proof

    70 Proof Veteran Member

    Sep 28, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Check part #685 Inner Door Panel Retainer Plate.
    The window stabilizer strip (#3 in FlaJunkies picture above) is the one that has the curled metal protrusion. I don't recall if the two trim supports (#4) are interchangeable. They look as if they should be.
  2. FlaJunkie

    FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

    Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    The two hangars do not have fuzz on them. Fuzz is on the middle hanger and the trim on top.

    Couple of pics...


  3. slayer021175666

    slayer021175666 Veteran Member

    Feb 29, 2016
    You can put vacuum hoses on the rods to quiet them. Just cut them to length, cut a slit lengthwise down the hose and press it on. Gun stores sell velcro strips with a strong tape like back side for hanging things on inner safe doors and stuff. Buy a length of that and use it for your "fuzzies". Its already a perfect width. Just cut it to length and stick it on. As far as the rattling only when the window is down: Check the moving parts that wind up/down the window. Be sure they are straight, tight and have no missing fasteners. Also, be sure the little roller wheels are there and in good nick. Nothing rattles like a missing or damaged one. When you roll the window up, it could be that worn or missing parts are being falsely "tightened" by the pressure.
    dave@ztech likes this.
  4. whitess

    whitess Member

    Dec 21, 2008
    Frederick, CO
    This book might help too:
    This is the same guy that wrote the Hurst Shifter book and used to be a Dealership Mechanic. Nice guy and knows his stuff.

Share This Page