Doing an epoxy floor

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by notstock78, Oct 19, 2013.

1. 71Rocks

71Rocks Veteran Member

Oct 12, 2011
    North Texas
    Thanks 70RS, I appreciate the information. You stated the HD "junk" didn't do well. What brand do you prefer to use?

2. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    How's the floor holding up? I've been thinking about doing this myself since the person I bought the house from a few years ago did cabinetry in this shop and there's stain drips all over the floors. Would be nice to spruce the floor up before getting my car back from paint lol.

Thanks for taking the time to post pics

3. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

ALL you members wanting Epoxy Floor info..................need to read the Flooring Forum at www.garagejournal.com

I've done my own shop floor with epoxy and a 100% full colored chip treatment (don't have any good pictures)
    I had a moisture problem that my first coat of primer product took care of
    I had my slab shot blasted............spendy but the best prep
    However many people rent grinders that are good prep also

Anyway READ, READ READ garage journal for ALL the scoop.........

4. notstock78

notstock78 Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So it has been a bit over a year and I have not had much of an issue with this floor. The only things that I don't like I have already mentioned, the floor looks dirty when the snow melts off of the cars, could not see that before with bare concrete, if there is snow on my shoes it is slippery, if i stomp them off it is just fine. The only new thing that I don't like is if there is sand on the floor and you hit it with either the car skates or the jack or something like that you can scratch it. Other than that, no hot tire pickup or anthing like that. I did accidently spin a tire on it with my pickup while trying to pull something out of the back yard, it left a mark but did not peel up the epoxy.

Over all, i give it a big thumbs up!!