Does anyone have this door emblem on their car?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by iraqivet, Mar 1, 2018.

1. iraqivet

iraqivet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Hobart, Indiana
    This is a 1979 Berlinetta currently on e-bay. I wanted to include it for you to see what I am referring two. Not once, but twice, when I parted out a coupe and a Berlinetta, the door panels were vinyl and had this CAMARO chromed emblem centered just like this one. I still have the emblems. I cannot find where this was part of the package for the Sport Coupe or Berlinetta models on the GM heritage files or elsewhere. Anyone have information on this or have a ride with them?
    www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Chevrolet-Camaro-berlinetta/323102886680?hash=item4b3a6ecb18:g:riAAAOSwNURaixyT

2. 79ZED

79ZED Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Nanaimo, B.C., Canada
    That emblem was not available on '79 model year Camaro's. Not sure what year it's from, but I haven't researched it.

John

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I have not seen that one before.

4. 74BIBELOT

74BIBELOT Veteran Member

I saw something similar on a. 76 Rally Sport Camaro

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Ad mentions new interior...

[​IMG]
    Looks like new Custom seat cushion foams and PUI deluxe seat covers (fuzzier than factory) but the door panels look like they are from a standard vinyl interior.
    I have seen reference to those "Camaro" emblems on the door panels a time or two before but I have no idea what year, option (RPO) included them.
    Custom Vinyl... Maybe?

6. Plater Tom

Plater Tom Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Mt Pleasant, Pa. USA
    I have only seen them once. They were on a 1978 Z28.

7. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hamilton,MI
    I parted out a 79 Berlinetta that had those emblems. I kept the emblems.

8. HOGDADDY

HOGDADDY Veteran Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Birmingham,Alabama
    I am the original owner of a 1980 rs with that very same door panel (still have it) and they don't have that emblem.

9. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    The dash and horn button make me think this one is a Berlinetta.

And I just realized... I have no aluminum cap on the end of my turn signal stalk for the Cruise button!
    Is there supposed to be a cap on that stalk if it has cruise control?
    (The pic above has the stalk labeled "Cruise" but I can't tell for sure if it has an aluminum cap on it.)

10. iraqivet

iraqivet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Hobart, Indiana
    Twisted, I looked at the spare vacuum cruise control stalks I have. All three have black end caps. Even a brown one out of a Trans Am is still black plastic. I've seen chromed covers on Buick models and Cadillac's, but not on a Camaro and not the push button. But who is to say they didn't have them or did have them. I've never personally seen one.