DICO CO., INC

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by broahnazki, Nov 10, 2017.

1. broahnazki

broahnazki Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Anyone familiar with these trailers? I just picked up a trailer here in WA and looked up the vin, and the model number but cant find a damn thing about this company. if anyone is familiar please let me know where to get parts its an 1985 , 19018/TANDEM MINI CAR HLR. If anyone can help me find info on these I would greatly appreciate it.

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    What parts do you need? Most trailers are made with universal parts on wheels, bearings, axles, brakes, hitches, etc. There was an explosion of companies making utility and car hauler trailers in that era, a lot are not still around.

3. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Well the vin sticker is fadin bad, still looking to get a plaque made and I’m looking for bearings, mainly wanting to see what it might be worth Before putting money into it

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

I've had good luck getting parts from etrailer.com. You need to know exactly what you need though.

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Around here - trailers seem to hold their value pretty well, especially when they're maintained. Axles, bearings, and hubs are pretty common items, most are what they call a 3,500lb axle. I used etrailer when I converted my hydraulic brakes to electric a couple years ago. You can take some measurements and give them a call, should be able to get parts you need. I'm assuming this is an open bed, double axle, 16 ~ 18ft long. Is the floor wood or metal?

6. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    It’s a 16 foot it’s pretty narrow, could barely fit my 72 with 205/60/15 in there, the floor is metal though I’m looking to making it a complete flat bed if worth the money and time

7. cal dez rat

cal dez rat New Member

May 10, 2010
    extreme so. california
    I think DICO used to be a San Diego trailer company, but since moved up to Riverside or Redlands.