Dash cam recommendation?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ISRcamaro, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Somebody have any rec about dash cam?
    Something with good quality. Specially at night. Loop recording option and the option of G sensor recording and even movement sensor against thief?

I searched a lot and lot of them are looking like a crap chinese!

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    All the dash cams are Chinese. I seriously doubt you can find anything that isn't. With that said, get one that has the features you want. Night vision will be iffy on any of them because nothing or nobody can see as well in the dark as they can see in light. Loop recording seems to be standard in all of them. G sensor doesn't appear to be in all of them. I have a cheap one made by Uniden. It works very well. The memory card died within a few months, but I bought a new one with more memory and that one has had no problems.

3. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Ahah actually I just ordered the viofo a119
    I thought about the I Dash cam. It a Chinese company but I'm familiar with their action cam and it nice for it price so I hope the dash will be the same. It's a little bulky but have the features I want.
    But I decided the Viofo A119 since the whether here is pretty hot and the YI has Battery while the Viofo a little more expensive but has capacitor

4. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Concord, CA
    Alot of people like the Thinkware line, some allow you to wirelessly transfer the videos to your computer. I use a CompuStar model which has a front and rear camera, shock and motion sensor that records 20 seconds prior and 20 seconds after the event.

5. SCURRY

SCURRY Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Vidor, Texas
    I have the Pilot dash cam that Walmart sells in both of my cars, they have two versions in my local stores. The ones I have are the $40 versions, 1080p, continuous loop on SD card, 120 degree camera, and it comes with a window mount or a bike handler bar mount (which I mounted around my rear view mirror)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pilot-Automotive-Dash-Cam/42104314