Custom Spark Plug Wires

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by 79supergasdriver, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    MSD youtube videos have good instructions with step by step install, worked great for me.....................

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    I use Moroso spark plug wire looms on both my cars,( 1979 Z-28 RS,1981 El Camino SS) with MSD 8mm wires. And use a Thermo sleeve on number 5 cylinder.And have them on for years .No issues.

3. 79supergasdriver

79supergasdriver A Scholar and a Gentleman

Jun 22, 2005
    Wichita, KS, USA
    Thanks for all the inputs. I might get around to it this week. Finishing up my first bachelor's degree, raising three kids, working full-time, and getting things together for my wedding (happening in two weeks) the car has not been a priority. I did get a couple hours today to get all the heater and radiator hoses squared away along with getting the proper power steering belt fitted up.

4. 79supergasdriver

79supergasdriver A Scholar and a Gentleman

Jun 22, 2005
    Wichita, KS, USA
    I bought an Accel branded cutting/crimping tool and, after a few test snips, got the hang of cutting off the outer sleeve and fiberglass insulator. Then i cheated and wen through my stockpile of ready-made wires and found four that fit various plugs leaving the other four to cut to length. Got one completely done before dinner. Had to use some dish soap to slide the 90 degree boot on the new wire end. Found a hard plastic version of the vise crimp tool someone else posted above stashed in my box o' random car junk which helped a ton. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.