Custom a/c delete box

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by capbri52, Jan 28, 2015.

1. capbri52

capbri52 Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Harrisburg, Pa
    When I first bought my camaro the original a/c was disconnected and the box was damaged in a few spots. I bought a used undamaged one off eBay with the intentions of replacing the a/c components. Well flash forward a few years and I still haven't hooked up the a/c and I've been toying around with the idea of getting the a/c delete box and removing that big ol' box so i can actually change my spark plugs and get my headers off easier (cause right now it is a huge pain!!). As I was recently cleaning out my garage I stumbled upon that old damaged a/c box I previously removed and thought I could modify it with fiberglass to create my own a/c delete box. I've done a few custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosures so I have no worries making something like this. Should be a piece of cake.

To those of you that have an aftermarket a/c delete box, could you measure the width the box from the firewall towards the front of the car for me?

[​IMG]

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I can do that for you, I can hook up up tomorrow

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    It's hard to measure because it doesn't have sharp corners. On the far passenger side and the middle is about 2-1/4" until it starts to curve down, but fattest part to make the box appears to be 3". The far passenger is 1-1/4".

Do you need exact measurements?