Correct Wires for 1978

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by Burd, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    image.jpg
    Well almost, they are date coded 1982, a bud made these from a roll he bought on eBay, OG ring has cyl's marked on top, and he also found a stash of the OG type boots, w/ the nipples.
    The looms are repops, OG there was 3' and 2's. I have all on the car now, I'll add those. Not sure if these slide into the metal loom part that goes on the valve cover, will see when I install in the spring. if your looking for the looms, Classic has them as well as Ames. Nice detail. date code on the wires will be like a first tune up. 1982. Lol

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I always liked the ring thing. Never had to worry about it coming undone. I don't see the wires with the nipple thing any more. I used to stock up at the J/Y B/C I burned wires on the headers fairly often.

3. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    Guys name is Bob who did them, Bob bought a nOS lot of the nipple type to do his 78. Most of the rings are gone. I was going over a guys 76 he had at the Natz, he was missing the ring, and the red cap on the alternator. Some don't know about the ring. Lol
    In the GM manual, for Pontiac, it shows how to route, and what looms go wheree

4. mrcad472

mrcad472 New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Tipton, IA
    I'd be interested in a set of those. I have the retainer rings, but a set of 'reasonably close' wires would be nice.