Compressor question.

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by RedSpider, Oct 17, 2013.

1. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2009
    BUFFALO, NY
    IR has some of the most reliable compressors on the market, as does Quincy. I have personally dealt with IR for a head rebuild.....great people to deal with and awesome customer service.

Another thing to think about when buying a compressor....

Parts availability.

Good luck!

2. Krator

Krator Veteran Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    I bought one that I think used to be sold at TSC stores here in Ontario, I picked it up at The TOol DOctor here in town for $650. 14.6 CFM at 120 pounds. and an 80 gallon tank. Will do everything I need it too and more.

3. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    A 2 stage compressor like you suggested has higer pressure and lower air delivery / cfm than a comparable power unit. The tools you indicated need volume and not the pressure of a 2 stage compressor. Go with a single stage unit with the highest cfm for the money you want to spend. A vetical tank takes less space than a horizontal one and bleeds condensation better. A belt drive tends to start better / trip brakers less often than direct drive. A name brand compressor is like any other tool there will be higher quality and better back up worth the money. Consult a local compressor service vendor like ones that back up pro shops and hospitals for knowledgeable folks on the issue.