colorado fires

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by Ole Blue '74, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ole Blue '74

Ole Blue '74 Member

May 7, 2011
    rocky ford, colorado
    Well the fires are raging. I’m about an hour and a half from the springs going south on I25 and then east about an hour. So roughly direct line is around i would say 80-85 miles from the fires atm. Issue here is we have only had 1 rain storm in about the last 3 months or so. So its very dry here atm and will definitely be interesting. And then on top of all this the winds are blowing in my direction and possibly blowing dry storms in my direction as well. Now to make things suck even worse, if something does happen and we get even more fires closer to home I could lose my camaro since it is on jack stands unable to be moved. would be a major bummer since it is sentimental with being the first car I ever bought and I payed for it myself when I was younger and just out of HS.

2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    I hope the fires pass you by man. I understand the sentimental value of holding onto your first car.

Keep us posted.

3. Ole Blue '74

Ole Blue '74 Member

May 7, 2011
    rocky ford, colorado
    Ya we actually had one start up right here in town around some power lines. Luckily they caught it early. Came home from wendy's and no power so we called a buddy and he told us what happened.

4. ratpatrol71z28

ratpatrol71z28 Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Mantweeka, California
    Wish ya luck bro ! Spray it with water..

5. nutchevy

nutchevy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 3, 2002
    lakewood,colo USA
    good luck,hope the fire misses you