Cleaning you engine

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Brad80Z, Sep 20, 2012.

1. VIZ28

VIZ28 Veteran Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Victoria, BC
    I use Super Clean diluted 50% on a warm engine. Let sit for a few minutes then hose off with garden hose. Works great. When done, it's not just clean, it's Super Clean. (just don't let that stuff dry on your aluminum)
    ** and they sponsor World of Outlaws.

Mike

2. deszs

deszs Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Byron, GA
    Moisture in the distributor cap can easily remedied by using rubbing alcohol. Pour some in the cap, slosh it around, and pour it out. The alcohol displaces the water and evaporates quickly.

3. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 17, 2001
    Boston-ish
    Use a lighter for faster results :)

I run the engine for a few minutes before wetting the engine, spraying down with simple green and hosing off. I cover the carb, distributor and alternator after the engines warm but before wetting the engine.

4. AlwaysWaven

AlwaysWaven Veteran Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    I will warn you that I had a brand new bottle eat away part of the sprayer (or I had a defective container) and spill all over the back of my '98 GT. I was not a happy camper.

Leave it sitting upright.

5. 79Zee28

79Zee28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northern, NJ
    I have used a power washer after spraying Simple Green under hood with nice results. My cousin told me about a product that he used to detail the hoses, and plastic pieces. Under his hood. It is Adams In & Out spray. I tried it and it works great. It does not attract dust and since it is a spray, it can reach places which your hand can not. It's a little pricey but, if your car is in nice shape and you are having it's appearance judged, it might allow you to pick up a few extra points.

6. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    and loomed the wires on the firewall too