Clay's 70 Re-Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by clay's70, Jan 28, 2011.

1. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Folks for a long time I have wanted to start a progress thread. But, I started my restification before Nastyz was around. I thought I would post pics of the work I have done since 1989.

[​IMG]
    This is my family and I. I married my wife in April, 1989 and bought "Plain Jane" in June.
    [​IMG]
    This is what Jane looked like as of last week (1-23-11)

[​IMG]
    This is how she looked in June, '89. I was skinny and young.

[​IMG]
    I soon started to take her apart.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. vfw_1168

vfw_1168 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 3, 2010
    wheelersburg,ohio
    looks good there clay

3. clay's70

Thanks!!

4. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When is she getting paint Clay?

5. clay's70

Back from the body shop. Aug. 1, 1991. I rigged up a tow bar to my '72 Pick up.

[​IMG]

I then built a poor man's garage out of PVC pipe and a tarp. I made It so I could slide it off to work on Jane.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. clay's70

Mark, I was hoping to sand her down this spring and shoot her myself :confused: We Will See!!

7. clay's70

I then starting getting her back together. These picture where taken April, '93.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. clay's70

In March of 1994 I moved her to a neighbors garage. Where I re-did the brakes and other small stuff. August of '94 I installed the motor and trans!!

[​IMG]

9. clay's70

In Sept., '94 I moved into my current home. The garage Jane was in was 15min away. When ever I went to work on her I had to take all my tools and any supplies I needed. During 1995 I mounted the blower, alt., starter, and fuel tank. And other stuff!!

[​IMG]

While working some on the Camaro, I built a 24 x 24 Garage. Jane moved in on the 29th of July, 1996.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  10. seventy7camaro

seventy7camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was wondering when we'd see a progress thread from you Clay. Nice looking family you got there. The car's pretty nice too. Maybe we'll park our cars together at the Super Chevy Show in Petersburg in May? Keep us posted on your progress.