claybar you windshield and other windows on your car

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by muscl car, Jul 30, 2011.

1. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Look behind you!
    They also work great on your stainless steel appliances.

2. newportman

newportman Veteran Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Graham,N.C.
    Phillip...make sure & let us know about the water spots...Thanks

3. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

I tried the claybar with water/Dawn as a lubricant. Didnt Touch the water spots, mineral deposits. Seattle area has soft water (I think??)

What Muscl Car claims as a miracle fix, isnt cutting it for me ?

4. Philip

Philip Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 30, 2006
    Marana, AZ
    The spots on my side glass are etched in so nothing short of polishing the window will remove them. The clay bar did make the rest of the glass sparkle, but it will only remove surface contaminates.

5. ItsMax

ItsMax Veteran Member

Aug 5, 2000
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Sounds like I may want to try. I have some sort of permanent fog on my front glass. You can see the semi-circle of whatever the film is from the passenger wiper going over it. I have tried all sorts of cleaners but no luck yet.

6. Swanny454

Swanny454 Veteran Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Cambridge IL
    Works good for smoothing the glass, try vinegar for removing the water spots on the windows.

7. rooster9376

rooster9376 Veteran Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Dyersburg,Tn
    Doesn't RainX do the same job?

8. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    A scratch in glass is a scratch. Clay has no abrasive qualities...it will lift contaminants like pollen, tar, and bug poop and embed them in the clay so they are off the surface you are cleaning, but it isn't going to remove a scratch, especially in glass. 3m sells trizact discs specifically for sanding and polishing glass. Cerium oxide on a felt also will polish glass. It's like polishing paint but 9 thousand times harder. If you can catch a nail on the glass, replace it. You would be looking at hours of skilled sanding and polishing to truly remove it. If you sand too locally you are going to create distortion.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014