claybar you windshield and other windows on your car

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by muscl car, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Philip

Philip Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 30, 2006
    Marana, AZ
    I have water spots on the side glass i have never been able to get off. This sounds like it is worth a shot. 0000 steel wool did not remove them, but it shined up the chrome trim real nice.

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

philip............ you're going to be pleased on the results ,when i cleaned my windows i was shocked at how much debris/dirt was on the claybar even after thoroughly cleaning the windshield and other windows with a top named window cleaner

3. Philip

Philip Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 30, 2006
    Marana, AZ
    Thanks I will pick some up today and let you know how it did.

4. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    I will be trying it on my side and back glass. I have new windshields in both my cars. all my other glass is scratched. I figure one way or another it cant hurt. Thanks for the tip.

5. vfw_1168

vfw_1168 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 3, 2010
    wheelersburg,ohio
    think i will try that ... thanks for the tip

6. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

For those of you in states where the rain is coming, I suggest you look for a product called Aquapel. This stuff is much better and lasts longer than Rain-X! You have to start with a clean windsheild then apply it to the glass surface.

My wife even did it to the inside glass and it helps to prevent fogging on cold mornings.

You can still use the Rain-X additive in your washer fluid as well with the Aquapel on you glass.

7. vfw_1168

May 3, 2010
    wheelersburg,ohio
    thanks for the tip

8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Swing by and borrow mine :) The clay bar works wonders on glass, chrome, plastic etc.

9. vfw_1168

May 3, 2010
    wheelersburg,ohio
    i did my windshield and back glass and it is a world of difference .... i had cleaned the back glass with gunk window cleaner then did just half with the clay bar and looked at the difference and the clay bar side was much more cleaner... thanks for the great tip on cleaning the windows.... now can you do the inside with the clay bar also

10. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    You guys drive your cars in the rain?

I'm not afraid of the car getting wet/dirty...I'm afraid of some idiot sliding into me out on the road.