classic car insurance

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by silver81, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    I just don't think you can beat Haggerty. You have to look at the overall big picture. Classics are all they cover. It is their core business. They know what they are doing and they actually care about our cars.

Jeffsz28 likes this.
  2. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    I was told that Haggerty is #1 and State Farm is #2. Honestly I think SF is in the mix and at a better price.

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Are you sure SF is agreed value? years ago they peddled classic coverage that was really stated value like you'd get on your regular car

4. Ote

Ote Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You might try Grundy Classic Car Insurance. I'm currently insuring my 1971 Z28 for agreed value of 35K for 266 a year.

5. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    My current agreed value is $23k with State Farm and it’s <$200. With Haggerty on my ‘53 Ford truck it was $15k and it cost $230.

6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    I am sure, your SF insurance is less, because you have more then one car covered with them, if you have several cars covered with Haggerty, the price also drops

7. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    That may be a factor, they insure my home, 3 other cars, and my boat.

8. hgoodwiniii

hgoodwiniii Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Houston, Texas, USA
    I have had SF for years; Policy runs about $200/yr.

9. Jeffsz28

Jeffsz28 Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Cocoa, Florida
    I live on the Space Cosst of Florida and have Haggerty. 81 Z, full coverage, $20k agreed upon value and unlimited towing = $420/yr.
    I just turned 50, have 2 daily drivers and a Harley and have never had a moving violation in my life. Seems a bit high to me BUT ive had to call upon Haggerty a few times and their service can’t be beat imho.

10. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    Sounds steep. I have a 73 insured for $23k thru State Farm for under $200. Its agreed value with $100 deductible.

I do have 3 other vehicles, my boat, and my home with them as well. No violations..... yet