Circuit board? for instrument guage cluster.

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by gookc, Apr 18, 2007.

1. gookc

gookc Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2002
    HI
    Can anyone plaese help?
    I have an guage cluster from a 1970 Z-28. It has the 150 mph and 8000 rpm tach. Upon removal I noticed that the circuit board had ripped on the left top corner. Anyone know where I can get a replacement board? thanks

2. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

Oct 20, 2004
    cumming,ga-usa
    Classic Ind. lists them in their catalog.Or you can post in the swap meet section.I'm sure someone on here has an extra they'll part with.

3. gookc

gookc Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2002
    HI
    classic circuit

classic ind. does not list a board for 1970 tach and guages.

4. EricsZ28

EricsZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Here and there...
    Try NPD: www.npdlink.com

They only list one for '70 (Part #: C-9744-3A). It is described as "70-81 w/warning lights".

That almost makes me think that it is not year specific... I could be wrong though...

5. old zeder

old zeder Veteran Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Guelph Ont. Canada
    They seem to be same for 70 to when they changed the in dash gauge configuration??? I have a spare from my 71 w/two gauges with ind. lights, and also a new one from a 74 that i bought as a complete gauge ass'y with tach, fuel, amp, temp, clock, to change mine out, I changed my mind and installed Autometer gauges so i have two sets of gauges to find new homes for, Drop me your e-mail address and i will send pic's for you

6. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Check GM they still had them a few months ago.

7. Eaglefixer

Eaglefixer Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Warner Robins, Ga
    I think i have a good one. pm me

8. old zeder

old zeder Veteran Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Guelph Ont. Canada
    The part # 8901670 PED-1, for Ind. lights
    The part # 8901671 PED-2, for full gauges
    numbers taken from the printed circuit

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  9. Eaglefixer

Eaglefixer Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Thanks for the Nuts :)

10. MyFirst72Camaro

MyFirst72Camaro New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I have The part # 8901670 PED-1, for Ind. lights set up on my cluster. I have a question on this topic.
    So I have a 1972 Camaro with a non-tachometer instrument cluster Speed Limit 150mph with large fuel guage right next to it in the center is a colum shift P-R-N-D-L2-L1. set up. My question is does anyone have the exact wiring diagram for the plug that hooks up to the back and each wires function. I am actually in the process of making a wiring diagram schematic now with color coating and wire location. My only issue is that I do not know the exact funcitons for each wire. I have been tracing all the wires myself but just out of curiosity I'd like to know if anyone has one or knows what each wire does. I will post the wiring diagram I have made up to this point and then update it and repost it when I am done with hopes to help everone else out there who needs this!

Attached Files: