Chicken Marsale

Discussion in 'Bon Appetite - NastyZ Style' started by Zstar, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    One of my favorite meals is chicken marsala. I found a super easy crock pot recipe for it. I am making it today. I'll report the results. Here is the link:

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slow-cooker-chicken-marsala/

Blown Camaro and Smokey15 like this.
  2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I like chicken marsala as well. Sounds good. Definitely want to hear how it turns out.

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    That looks easy. I got 4 breasts marinating in the fridge. Was going to do something else with them. I'll get some of the wine and try it out. Haven't used our slow cooker for a few years. I let you know how it goes.

4. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    It was good. However, next time I will use 3/4 to 1 cup of corn starch. The sauce was not nearly as thick as what it should have been. Also, I love mushrooms, and I will use 2 cups versus the 1 it calls for. But it was VERY easy.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    1/4 Cup seems like enough. You have to get the sauce to a boil or at least close to it to activate the starch. Could do a Rue with butter and flour in a sauce pan, Then add the sauce to the rue then pour the whole mess back in the crock pot to thicken up. Either way I'm going to try it Monday see how it goes. I agree way more mushrooms and maybe onion too.

Zstar likes this.
  6. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    This does look really good. Have some chicken in the freezer so i think i will give this one a go this week. I do like onions so i may add them to the recipe.

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I made a big pot. Chicken was tender. The onions I put a layer on the bottom. They were crunchy a little. Two packs of white mushrooms, could have put more but it was good. I transferred the sauce to a sauce pan and boiled it about 15 mins then added the cornstarch to a cup of sauce I had poured off and let cool. Dumped it in and the sauce thickened up. I used just over a 1/4 cup of starch. The kids and Wife hated it. They don't like the wine taste. They always complain when I put beer in my baked beans. They can taste it right off. They will eat them but still can tell when I put it in. Oh well more for me. I thought it was good.

Attached Files:

Zstar likes this.
  8. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    ^I'll have to try it your way!!! That's right, more for you!